PCKeeper is a security and maintenance suite that competes head on with some of the biggest Windows security suites. With antivirus solutions onboard along with a number of other diagnostic tools present, the $270 price tag for a single license may seem a bit high for some people. I would probably look for freeware applications and possibly purchase some cheaper applications just to get similar functionality. But after trying out the free 15-day trial, I gave the program more respect and would consider a purchase if the price goes down.
85% Off PCKeeper 2013
Fortunately, you can input a PCKeeper coupon code to get a cool 20% discount. That translates to around $53 savings so the initial $269.78 price for a Basic license drops down to $215.82. If you want to purchase two licenses along with 24/7 live chat support, the amount of savings is even better. This is known as the Standard license and it costs $539.56. With the PCKeeper discount code in effect, that license costs only $431.65. The most expensive license is the Premium license which supports up to 3 PCs and adds 24/7 call center support. You also get the most savings as that hefty $1,348.90 price tag gets a big 20% chunk off thanks to the same PCKeeper coupon code so you only have to pay $1079.12.
Considering the amount of awards PCKeeper won and praise from thousands of Facebook users, these discounts are pretty huge. Also, you can really find out exactly what you are paying for because there is a free trial where all of the functions are unlocked. It lasts 15 days so you can really see if the security and maintenance tools really work. You can activate PCKeeper immediately after purchase which is nice. Perhaps the best thing about the offer is that there is a lengthy 365-day money back guarantee.
An Unbiased Review of PCKeeper
Devastation hit me square in the face when my PC was hacked. My credit card numbers were stolen, my bank account was compromised (thankfully the balance wasn’t much), and I had to spend time and money to get back what was rightfully mine. I also had to incur legal expenses and many headaches as well.
All this happened right under the nose of one so-called powerful anti-virus, hacker-proof, safe, secure and award-winning software that was installed in my PC.
Well, after reclaiming my “life” and setting right my credit record, I decided to invoke the money-back guarantee on my old antivirus software and then seek out another tool that worked more than it promised.
A friend recommended that I should buy PCKeeper because it was an all-in-one tool and very powerful as compared to the rest. I was in no mood to buy any software without evaluating and stress-testing it and therefore downloaded the 15-day free, fully functional copy of PCKeeper. Now, here’s what I found:
What’s PC Keeper all about?
PCKeeper is an all-round utility tool that works as a PC maintenance, anti-virus, anti-theft, system fixer, system recovery, file shredding, and PC speed-enhancing tool. It also doubles up as a firewall by keeping data hidden from Internet predators. All these features are compartmentalized inside three modules –Security, Maintenance and Data Control.
The software is like a centralized and simplified life-support system for any PC/laptop that protects the computer from attacks, keeps it clean, boosts its speed, and maintains it all the time with a single click.
PCKeeper’s features sounded too good on paper and I must confess that I was very reassured and certain about the product even before I started using it. But, having been hurt by an anti-virus tool in the past, I was unsure if PCKeeper delivered per its promise and so I put it to the sword.
Here’s what I found:
PCKeeper’s Security Module
To my pleasant surprise, I found that PCKeeper’s security module was feature rich and robust. It contained anti-virus and anti-theft tools, which promised the moon. So, I stress-checked it out:
I started off by scanning my PC and was shocked to learn that it was running not one, but two malicious Trojans – Zeus, a keystroke logger and a form grabber, and DevilRobber, a data stealer. No wonder my data was hacked! PCKeeper discovered and cleaned out these two in minutes.
After cleaning up and rebooting, I went to some of the most dangerous sites you can ever imagine and clicked on links in spam emails just for the heck of it. Before opening any malicious website, I was warned by PCKeeper that opening the website would compromise my PC. So, I stayed away.
Happy that PCKeeper was working well, I read its manual and was surprised to learn that it formed a 3-layer security ring around my PC. First was the Core Level, which contained the virus database and figured out all known threats, the second security ring protected my Windows 7 OS from OS-related threats, and the third security ring warded off Internet viruses, malware, Trojans, and more.
The second part of the Security Module, the anti-theft feature, works by tracking the PC’s location using Wi-Fi. This technology also helps figure out network details of the stolen PC and pinpoints it geographical location. To sweeten things up, the software ensures that the webcam clicks the thief’s photo. I placed my PC in my neighbor’s home and tried tracking it and I could, which was great.
PCKeeper’s Security Module is robust and I can tell you honestly that it passed all my stress tests.
PCKeeper’s Maintenance Module
Frankly, I find PC maintenance a cumbersome task. You have to run Windows system tools such as disk cleanup and defragger and then again run different software like registry cleaner, and system checker and fixer and some more – and you have to run all these separately, which is such a drag and a nuisance.
PCKeeper came bundled with its Maintenance module, which helped centralize system maintenance. I found PCKeeper very efficient in executing the following tasks with just one click:
1. It cleaned up my PC by getting rid of unwanted files and assorted junk collected over the months. I was surprised to find a pile of duplicate files, which got cleaned as well. Temporary Internet files, cookies, cache, and other Internet-related downloads were cleaned up too.
2. I found the Disk Explorer tool in the Maintenance module quite nifty. It helped me neatly organize my images and music files.
3. The Disk Checker checked for disk errors and quickly fixed these (My PC had a couple of bad sectors I didn’t know about).
4. It defragged my disk as well, and it moved much faster than the Windows defragger.
5. PCKeeper also features an uninstallation section, which helps centralize your PC control. I now don’t have to head for the control Panel because PCKeeper can be accessed faster.
6. PCKeeper’s registry utilities consist of a Start-Up Manager and a Context Menu Manager. The Start-up Manager allowed me to set the programs that will launch while Windows is starting up while the Context Menu Manager allowed me to switch off many nagging options that I don’t want to see when I right-click on a file.
PCKeeper’s Maintenance Module is quite a handful and very, very helpful. Let’s now turn to it’s Data control module.
PCKeeper’s Data Control Module
Frankly, I was quite taken in by PCKeeper by now. Their feature-rich Security and Maintenance modules had won me over. But there was more – the software also featured a data control module, which makes PC and online life a literal breeze. Here’s what I discovered in the Data Control module:
1. It helped me recover deleted files long after I emptied my recycle bin. It requires special tools or expert help to recover such files, but PCKeeper helps easily recover files without any extra cost.
2. The Data Hider helped me hide sensitive information like my ID and other personal details that I had stored in my briefcase. I also hid a couple of project files that contained important data that was not to be shared. Data Hider made these files invisible thereby making my peace of mind visible.
3. The File Shredder utility in the Data Control module helped me completely remove files from the system. I had faced a problem in the past when I had deleted a job application from my laptop. Mysteriously, the HR department started looking at me suspiciously after that. I was stumped, and I still don’t know what made them do that, but I figured my old company had some kind of spy program that retrieved my deleted job application. Thankfully, PCKeeper will keep me from getting into a situation again.
4. The company is also developing a ZeoDisk tool, which will be included in their Data Control module shortly. ZeoDisk, when it arrives, will help PCKeeper’s owners store and share their data online.
Well, PCKeeper does not stop with the helpful Data Control Module, it just keeps going…
PCKeeper’s Geek-On-Demand Module
This is a very helpful module that delivers timely and critical technical help on an on-demand basis. PCKeeper’s technical experts, who man this module, guarantee an answer to the toughest technical poser within 48 hours.
I am no technical man and therefore I did not have any technical questions. However, I am committed to review the software in detail and so the least I can do is explain how this Geek On demand Module can help:
1. It can configure your PC or laptop using remote access tools.
2. You can consult the experts over phone.
3. It helps by researching and providing answers to your complex technical queries.
4. The experts behind the module are richly experienced in creating complex technical tools and solving issues will not pose any challenge to them. You can try out this feature – PCKeeper allows you one free demand during the trial period and unlimited demands after you purchase the software.
5. Geek-On-Demand can also be used for the following routine tasks:
- Retrieving forgotten/lost passwords
- Installing msi packages
- Optimizing RAM
- Making a repair disk
- Solving system crashes or hardware problems
- Solving complex registry issues
- Fixing wireless problems
- Software support
- Sorting network problems
Help with assorted issues like building a PC, fixing a video card, upgrading a PC, etc.
I called up support during my trial period and was pleasantly surprised to find them very responsive and friendly even though I had not purchased the software. The company had provided a 24/7 toll free number and adequate online chat support. There was a web form too that could be used to contact the company for reporting a problem, purchasing a license, or mailing a partnership request. By the way, I called up the toll free number on a weekend and was happy to get a human reply.
About Zeobit – the company that has created PCKeeper
PCKeeper has been developed by ZeoBIT, which works on a variety of complex technologies and makes helpful products. It has so far created two cutting-edge tools (PCKeeper and MacKeeper). The company enjoys a good reputation as well and has partners like Avira and Microsoft. It employs more than 100 employees, most of whom are technical wizards. Such a robust introduction helped boost my confidence levels and inspired me to download and then go on to buy PCKeeper.
I really don’t know how to conclude my review. All I can tell you is that I have already purchased PCKeeper and now my Internet life is 100% protected and hassle free.